Thursday, October 20, 2011

Story

Some of you, if anyone is bothering to look at this page, might wonder why I didn't mention anything from band yesterday. Well, I wasn't there. It's quite a story. I was in gym, first period, playing football. While I was reaching for the football being passed I was wiped out with an elbow. That elbow whacked me in the mouth and I started, as in my gums, started bleeding like crazy. I went to the bathroom to rinse out the blood and found that my teeth were wiggly. I could move my front teeth back and forth and they shouldn't be able to do that. So, my dad picked me up from school to take me to the dentist to see if I'd fractured my teeth or done anything else that was damaging. They said no fracture, but I'd loosened my teeth and they had been pushed back in mouth a centimeter. It grossed me out and still does. Anyway, from there I went to the orthodontist to get my braces fixed up. In the process of being whacked, my wire had been knocked haywire and when they took it out of my bleeding mouth, it was all bent and twisted. It was then they decided that if I hadn't had braces, I would have lost both of my front teeth. I didn't ever think I would say this but sometimes braces can be better than having them off. So, basically, my gums are red and blue, I can't play soccer because if I get hit in the face again I WILL lose my teeth which I would rather not do, I have an annoying lisp, and I have to take advil twice a day or else my gums throb and my lip (top) swells up and I can't eat. I haven't discovered if I can play my flute or not but I really hope I can because I'll be marching in the Homecoming Parade whether I can play or not.

1 comment: