Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Band Yesterday

Oh. My. God. It is soooooo hard to write a song. Yesterday, I spent more than half of the period rewriting what I'd already written so it sounded better and because I didn't like it. I have no idea what to expect out of this but the song is a page and a half on really thick lines so in reality, it's probably 3/4 of an acual page. It's impossible though. I put so much effort into it and all I got out was about 6 new measures. I'm really testing myself by adding a piano part and I honestly don't know that much about chords seeing as I play a one-note-at-a-time instrument. It's really fun to write though, even if it is mentally taxing. I love working on it, it's just really hard. I figured out the general melody of the song. I figure that's a good start. I have some of the piano done, though I'm not sure how it sounds. The solo line is going fine. There are scribles on my entire page and I'm totally bemused by the entire project but I think it's coming along fine.

1 comment: