Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Started!

I gotta say that writing music is a LOT harder than I thought it would be. I sat in front of the piano at band for an hour and a half and wrote three lines of music. That was it. I was unsure of what do with the piano chords and other lines that the piano would play then, bam! Along comes Mr. Matthys with his amazing talents and looked over my first few lines with me. He played chords to my solo line and it was beautiful. It seriously made my piece sound way better than it did with just one note playing at a time. Also, he gave a few suggestions for what notes should be changed and what they should be changed to as well as the key I was writing in. After he came over, everything made more sense.
I think I should give a little more background about the piece I'm writing. So, I just read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and I realized that in the movie, they totally left out Fawkes singing his heart out after Dumbledore died which gave me the idea for writing the song. The first part of the song will be when Dumbledore died; the second will be Harry running after Snape and fighting (this part will be faster and louder, more battleish); and the last part will be Harry looking at Dumbledore's fallen body, everybody realizing he's dead, and Fawkes, circling the night sky mourning for his lost master.

1 comment: