Thursday, October 20, 2011

Writer's Block

I'm having a really hard time concentrating. I have to put the practice pedal on the piano, it's a muffler, and when you use it, the note come out all distorted and it's impossible to hear what your playing. My sister is playing music in the other room and I can't concentrate. As well as that, I can't think of what notes to put on the page or how I want the music to go. It's kind of like art. You got to create at least three times to get it looking (or sounding) okay. I don't want to start over but maybe it will give me a fresh start. Maybe not. I'll try keeping what I have and see if I can come up with something to put that will add a tie in the music. My problem is that the notes don't seem to be flowing together but I can't tell because SOMEONE'S music is more important then mine which isn't true at all. I've written a few notes today and revised a couple as well. I've written about half a page. Possibly a little more but I can't think right now. It's a really fun project. I never thought I would ever motivate myself enough to get notes put down on paper. It takes a lot more concentration and energy then I ever would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment