Saturday, November 12, 2011

Home front

I honestly don't know if it's the atmosphere at home, but whenever I'm here, I can't do anything on my piece. It's either everyone is making too much noise, I hit a block in the music, or I don't know how to do what I want to do. This time, it's the first and the third. My family just got home from my sister's soccer game while I was working in piece and they started bumping around and talking. It doesn't help. As well as that, I don't know how to write quick angry music. Especially on the flute. To me...well...I gues I've never played an angry piece on the flute. Nothing harsh sounding anyway. I've played, haunting, sad, happy, excited, lovely, but never ever angry. Therefore, I don't know how to write a song that sounds angry. It's really giving me a lot of trouble. Perhaps I'm over-analyzing the whole song writing thing and how the melody is supposed to be intermixed and all that hooha, which it really is, but my melody is slow and sad, and I don't know if I can make it sound angry. It's really hard. I have slow and sad in the bucket though; piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment