Monday, September 19, 2011

The Start of the Project

In band, for the google project, I will be finding 12-16 glass bottles, filling them with water, and blowing across the top to make a sound. Hypothetically, the amount of water and the hight of the bottle will make a difference in pitch. With this idea in hand, I plan to tune those bottles to the c scale and play a song that I will be writing. To make it more interesting, I might mix around the liquid I use to see if it makes a difference in the sound; if it rings more, is more full, or maybe even breathier. Anyway, this should capture my attention and will hopefull broaden my experiences with tuning (like having a better ear which I seriously need) and my music writing skills.

So far, I've written about 2 lines of the song and still don't know where I'm going to come across so many glass bottles. Working it out though!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of filling the glasses with different types of liquid. Maybe you can get some science credit out of this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have to be glass? I think it works fine with plastic bottles...

    ReplyDelete